Friday, June 14, 2013

Week 4 - Fortaleza

School, school, and more school. After the long weekend in Jericoacoara, an awesome beach village, we returned to Fortaleza with a full plate of school work:


We spend the entire week at UNIFOR and if we aren't at UNIFOR then we are studying at the hotel. We spent the entire week in our group working on all final projects. 



Tuesday:
Marketing LearnSmart 12-15 

Wednesday:
BNAD 350 Presentation 
Marketing Phase 2 

While working on our Whole Foods Expansion Presentation a team member called me out because I didn't give him the best team evaluation. It was a really awkward situation because there is no way of nicely saying you thought he didn't contribute enough. But that doesn't bug me; its the idea that another team member threw me under the bus because he probably gave a worse review. The guy who was calling me out said "its not a team player move to not give everybody a 100%" but in a team evaluation where I am being graded for honestly that doesn't really make sense... 

Thursday:
BNAD 314R Presentation 
BNAD 314R Team Evaluations
Marketing LearnSmart 17 

We took a taxi home after our presentation because we were the first group to present at 9:00AM and the bus didn't leave until 1:00PM. I then had to study the entire day for our Marketing Final. I have never worked as hard as I did for this class or this semester so hopefully it will pay off. Who knows maybe my dad was right - this is a new start. 

While taking a study break and making lunch a receptionist came to our room and told us we had to change rooms because there was a problem with the toilet - I guess somebody didn't like the baday...
Friday:
Marketing Midterm 3 
BNAD 350 Exam 2 

Today after our Marketing Final, Professor Umashankar asked who knows Portuguese. I was selected to be apart of a Case Competition where we present an entire case in Portuguese... I knew I was picking it up quickly but there is no way I am going to be able to present an entire case and answer questions about the business in Portuguese. The one cool thing about this is that it is in Utah and is paid for by Eller. It should be a pretty cool experience and why not take a free trip to Utah to present a project that will help me in the business world. 



Once I got home I immediately passed out because I was up well past midnight every night this week. Seanise and Stephanie woke me up with a beautiful Smirnoff Ice. We then went to another Brazilian Meat Restaurant where they walk around and you select what cuts you would like. While paying the bill Alex texted me saying our Marketing grades were posted. Looks like studying really does work... 

Marketing Final Grade

Seanise and Stephanie have cramps so we stopped by the farmacia on the way back from dinner for some Midol. They made me ask the pharmacist but they had no idea what I was saying so Seanise grabbed a back of tampons and they immediately understood what we were talking about. 

We went out to a new nightclub tonight - Orbita. It was a pretty cool place. One of the local T.A.'s talked to the manager so we paid 25 Reals for cover but then got a 25 Reals coupon for free drinks. Unfortunately the drinks were really expensive. While at the bar Stephanie and I played some Snooker which is like billiards but pretty different. We met some brazilian locals and played them, luckily they all spoke english. Seanice and Stephanie wanted to leave early so we called it a night and headed home.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment